Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

My own studio

When I started ceramics, I was taking a class at school.  Now that summer has come and school is done, I haven't had a place to work with clay.

So I have been working to get things to have my own studio.

I found a counter on freecycle.org.  It was in someone's garage when they bought their house, taken from a local bakery, and they weren't wanting it anymore.

Workspace.....check!

I've been watching Craigslist.org, and recently found a wheel.  It is a Craftool potters wheel. 

Pottery Wheel.....check!

Along with the wheel, the gentleman also gave me some batts, clay, tools, and a bucket.  How could I pass this up!

Batts, clay, tools, bucket.....check!

I've also picked up a few various shelves here and there, so things are definitely starting to come together.  Then next thing on the list is an electric kiln.  Which I found on Craigslist.org and will be picking up tomorrow.

Everything needs to be cleaned up a bit, but I will have my studio set up in no time!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Keep posting your progress - eager to see your work!